Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some of my Laredo Friends . . .

are here for an awards banquet. This photo came to me because of the start of this blog. Time was when I could name everyone in the photo, but now there are a couple of gals I can only remember part of their names. If you can name all put it in comments section below. Thanks.


I have great feelings for the people I met in Laredo. Their warmth and friendliness was a change from the high school where I had graduated. Although our high school was integrated, there were definitely separate factors. In Laredo I never felt discriminated against. In addition, the counselor at LJC (Laredo Junior College has changed its name and is part of the Texas A&M system ) opened the door that gave me the opportunity to attend the University of Texas, Austin.

Sweet memories of staying with my aunt, uncle and cousin. All three made my stay comfortable and I shall forever be in their debt.




No comments: