Monday, August 11, 2008

Shopping at the Happiest Place on Earth


We are preparing for a trip to see our grandson later this month. I got the notion that a gift for him from Disneyland would make his mommies happy. So we went to Downtown Disney

 
We did find a couple of things for grandson, so we accomplished our mission. Walking around the area I couldn’t help but notice several of the fountains. 


 
The chorritos of the fountains reminded of a nursery ditty that I learned as a child, probably when I was at St Anthony’s Parochial School or it could have been from the radio. 

My grandparents used to listen to a radio program called Cri Crí, el Grillito Cantor that came from Mexico City’s station XEW (they have since dropped the XE and is known as W Radio). The program was primarily for children, I am so grateful that I had that experience as a young child. At any rate, I think I should teach my grandson this little song, right along with the Itsy Bitsy Spider.

 
Allá en la fuente, había un chorrito,
Se hacía grandote, se hacía chiquito
Y estaba de mal humor, pobre chorrito
Tenía calor!

No comments: