Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time to Wake Up and Think of Robstown

I have been asleep all day. My appointment with the periodontist was at 9 a.m. this morning, but I was instructed to take the meds one hour before. By the time Hubby drove me to the appointment, I was already sleepy and then I slept through the whole procedure. I don't remember much of anything except that Hubby picked me up and said something about lunch time as he led me to the car.

This is the way to go to a dentist, endodontist or periodontist appointment. Make it a forgettable experience. I need to go back in a week so he can remove sutures! He did suturing??

So now after sleeping all day long, I hope I can get a good night's rest. Last night I was a bundle of nerves thinking of what today's visit was going to be. Glad that it went OK. The Dr. even called me earlier this evening. I don't remember what he looked like. But I guess he is a good doctor.

Today I had intended to talk about my hometown, Robstown. My brother phoned me last night excited because he had closed a good business deal with someone whose wife was a native of Robe or Robestán. That is the Tex-Mex term used sometimes to ridicule our little burg, but also sometimes to speak of it with pride and love.  My sister, my brother and I were all born in Robstown and graduated from Robstown High School. After high school I worked a year before resuming my education, marrying and winding up in California. But my connection to Robstown is never really broken. My sis and her husband are pillars of the community in Robstown and will probably remain there until their last days.

 
This picture taken at my sister's home last month. The one who steals the shot is that cutie of a grandson, of course.

No comments: