Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Little Red Chair

We are back home. Had a great time in Texas, so happy to see our daughter and grandson, but it is always nice to get back to "home sweet home." I caught a cold while in Texas, and the pressurized cabin in our airplane caused extreme pain to my clogged ears. But, otherwise, the air travel was uneventful. The Edgar Winters Band members were on the same flight with us, but they did not play anything.

Family--that was the reason for this trip. A visit with my sister and her husband was way too short, but there is never enough time to catch up. Visit by Hubby's cousin, her husband, daughter and son-in-law was  such a welcomed happening, too. My visit to the Center for American History at my old alma mater, University of Texas, was fruitful, and I'll post more on that, later.

The center of attention for all the family involved, of course was my handsome grandson. He is now 7 1/2 months old, is crawling, pulls to stand, eats all his veggies, makes faces when he is fed apple sauce, and is curious about everything and everyone around him. Here he is very interested in the 73-year-old red chair gifted to him by his grand uncle.

1 comment:

J.E. said...

I am so happy to pass The Little Red Chair on to N.A. Note that there is no paint on the seat. I understand that is a result of my squishy cloth diapers. Take plenty of pictures. I have no direct memory of the chair. We didn't have a camera in those days and I know only what I have been told in later years. J.E.