Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fireworks in Mexico

Mexican Independence Day. This being a day of celebration for the Mexican population, I thought I would share a photo that was taken in Saltillo, Coahuila a couple of years ago (mas or menos). My daughter and I joined a genealogical group from San Antonio for a week of researching, sightseeing, shopping and enjoying the good company of our hosts /guides in Saltillo.

The city was also having a big celebration because it was some milestone anniversary of the founding, but, we don't really need much of an excuse to start a celebration. The main plaza was crowded shoulder to shoulder to listen to the music of about three different groups. After that came the firework display immediately in front of the Cathedral. I don't recall whether my daughter or I took this photo, but it brings good memories of good times.

No comments: