Monday, November 24, 2008

Today is Hubby's Birthday

 
This cute chubby baby was born in Gainesville, Texas a few years back. His grandmother, holding him and known to him as Mammaw was born in Tennessee, married in Oklahoma when it was still Indian Territory, and passed away in Texas when she was nearly 90 years old. My Hubby comes from good stock.
Even though this is Hubby's birthday, I thought I would write about his Mammaw Zettie. I met her shortly before I was to marry into the family, and I knew her for a very short time, but we hit it off right away. She was already about 87 years old, but wanted to give us a wedding present. 
So she took scraps of yarn and covered coat hangers. We still have and use these coat hangers, and remember Mammaw's loving hands. The picture has only a sampling of the "yarned" coat hangers.
 

1 comment:

Cynthia Sadler said...

Tell Daddy Happy Birthday from me! Lots of hugs!