Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Fires in Southern California

I have been serving on a jury in North Court, so I have been short on time. But, I feel I should say something about the terrible fires that destroyed so much property last week end.

Here is a photo gallery from the LA Times.

This is the photo that I took as we left a restaurant in Fullerton. You can note that the time was 3:15 p.m. If you look at the lower left part of the sky, you can see where it is still a strip of clear blue. For us the fires were just a discomfort of smoke and ashes, but for the people of Anaheim Hills and Yorba Linda it was a tragedy. 

I think we will be done with the trial by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. I can't complain about jury duty. I won't be called again for twelve months. I was amazed at the number of people who were excused from serving. Most of them had what sounded good excuses--primarily health or hardship reasons.

No comments: